Saturday 14 May 2011

Diet Day 2


Day 2 of the diet - today im thinking about why do I eat when im not really hungry? The answer is emotions, I eat when I am sad, when I am anxious, when I am happy. If I have had a bad day I will at a bar of chocolate to cheer my self up - does it work? Not at all if any thing it has the opposite effect as my weight just stays high or goes even higher which leads to me being upset and eating again to cheer myself up. Its a very vicious cycle which I am sure many people do suffer from.

I have received a bach emotional eating kit to try out.

I am actually quite excited to give this a try as I have used bachs rescue remedy with fantastic results. After the birth of my son I found my self to be a true worrier and after moving home getting married and having a nasty ear infection that lasted 3 months, the stress led me to start having panic attacks - on recommendation from a friend I started using rescue remedy and haven't looked back since - I haven't had a panic attack in over a year now.

So back to the emotional eating kit - The information provided is

The Emotional Eating Kit is a combination of 3 Alcohol-Free Bach Original Flower Remedies to give a helping hand with diet, detox and healthy eating regimes.

The set of three Bach Original Flower Essences allows you to create your own individual mixture and adapt it to suit your changing moods as you embark on your healthier living regime. You may choose to take one, two or three essences at a time. Simply use the dropper bottle to put drops on the tongue or add to any beverage.

The Kit contains 3 x 10ml Essences:

Crap Apple (Malus pumila)

When you feel unclean or dislike something about yourself. Crab Apple helps with acceptance of yourself and your imperfections.

Cherry Plum (Prunus cerasifera)

When you fear you might lose control of your diet. Cherry Plum can help you to think and act rationally.

Chestnut Bud (Aesculus hippocastanum)

When you find yourself repeating the same dieting mistakes, Chestnut Bud helps you gain knowledge from your experience.

Free from Artificial additives and colourings

Suitable for vegans

Suitable for the whole family

Glycerine formula - alcohol free

I am starting to use all 3 essences today and head into this with great hope with emotional eating being my major fall down.

I will do a full review on this when I notice effects of the kit - fingers crossed this one does do what it says on the packet - I can only imagine if it does it would be amazing for my self and many many people who are like myself letting emotions ruin the diet!